Well, how to choose the orthopedic pillow to sleep comfortably? It’s very simple – you just need to read carefully its characteristics. The description is always shown separately the height and the hardness degree of this bedding accessory and on whether you prefer to sleep on your back or side, depends on the choice of good orthopedic pillow. So, in the first case, if most of the night you prefer to spend lying on your back, and the pillow should be chosen lower and harder, and if on your side, you can afford a more soft and high pillow.
What to do if you can sleep well because of pain in the neck? If you have an osteochondrosis, it is not easy to find a good pillow that reduces this pain. Only the correct position of the head and neck allows all the back muscles relax, otherwise your ligaments are overstrained and neck pain does not pass, and its exacerbation are repeated more often.
Sometimes, it takes a few days to get used to an orthopedic pillow, but then you will wonder what could sleep otherwise. If you have a long flight in an airplane, ride a bus or car, do not be lazy – buy a special orthopedic pillow that you can put under the neck. Believe me, the trip will not be so tedious, if your muscles can relax.
Special orthopedic pillow in the form of a roller or a crescent moon should be quite soft, but good to keep in shape, the ends of the pillow support the neck in the correct position.
Main tips to buy the best orthopedic pillow:
- A good orthopedic pillow should be moderately tight
- The pillow should not be deformed
- It should be a little more than your shoulders in width
- The pillow should be chosen individually, taking into account the your own sizes
- The shoulders do not need to lay on the pillow
- Sleeping on a pillow is more comfortable on your side or on your back
- If you can not adapt to the new pillow a long time, so it will not fit in size for you